Whoooboy. I got in some fun new micas and decided to play. They’re all color-shifting colors, hence all the different angles : ) Here’s the lineup, from left to right (top to bottom):
- Eryx: named after one of Dante’s weapons in the new DmC, it’s a deep red-to-copper with red glitter flecks in; good in one coat!
- Polish of a Time Lady: dedicated to one of my favorite old Who characters, this one goes from a metallic red to a bright yellow copper and has the added fun of holographic glitter (even if you can hardly see the effect in the current lighting.
- Emerald City Confidential: because I never really shift too far from thinking about Gregory Maguire’s Oz books when I do greens, this one’s a metallic emerald green deepening into a dark pine color.
- Blue Faerie Wings: which goes from soft blue to dark blue with teal notes right into purple on the edges. Love this stuff.
- Kendra: named for the far-too-short-lived Slayer of the same name, this one is one of my favorites, shifting between purple, magenta, teal and green.
- What Rhymes With Effulgent?: an deep olive tone, this one has definite green notes but has a tendency to flash purple and pink… and if you get the reference there, you will make me smile.
- Aquila: named after ANOTHER of Dante’s weapons in the new DmC (namely the one I used just about all the damn time because it’s awwwwwwesome), this one is a much paler shade that fluctuates between seafoam, baby blue and lavender speckled with deep sapphire sparkle.